This recipe reminds me of sweet and sour chicken. It has a sweet beginning and a tangy tart finish. Frying the chicken then baking it makes it so tender it falls off the bone. I recommend placing the chicken on a bed of basmati rice.
- 1 chicken cut up (leave skin on and bones in)
- garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup
- 1/4 cup white rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp catchup
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cornstarch to coat chicken
- 3 eggs
- Canola oil to fry chicken
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, let stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup, rice vinegar, catchup, soy sauce, salt and chicken broth. Beat until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Meanwhile fill a heavy sauce pan with canola oil so the depth reaches 2 inches, heat on medium hight heat.
- Coat the chicken with the cornstarch and then in the beaten eggs.
- Drop in heated oil (350 degrees) and fry until the batter is well browned. Put chicken on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Then dip in pomegranate mixture and arrange the chicken in a 9x13 inch oven prof dish.
- Pour remaining pomegranate mixture over chicken and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- In 30 minutes check chicken if it starts to brown too much cover with foil.