This salad is ahhhh-mazing and only 4 ingredients
Salads for dinner are a sign that summer is on its way. I love the idea of keeping the house cool by making a quick salad for dinner. Not to mention the additional perk of extra time to be outside. I have these friends. Let’s call them skeptics. They love the idea of healthy living, but claim that it’s just not realistic for their lifestyle or budget. My friends love coming over to eat whatever food I’ve been making, but say they could never have the time or patience to cook regularly. Whelp. Today I’m busting them. I’m proving that dinner can be fast, healthy and affordable.
This salad is ahhhh-mazing and only 4 ingredients. Seriously. It’s simply the right food paired together and drizzled in a sweet tangy pomegranate balsamic. I whipped this up in under 3 minutes. Yes, I timed it. That’s how stubborn I am. You can ask my skeptic friends. They’ll testify. If this 3 minute salad is too easy for your level of cooking, then try making it as a side with Garden Variety Herbed Pork Tenderloin. I’m going to make it teamed up with Italian Lemon
Turkey Burgers next!Asparagus Salad
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 large salad
Serving Size: 6 servingsIngredients
• 1 bunch asparagus
• 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
• 4 cups fresh spinach
• 1/4 cup pomegranate balsamic vinegar
• Optional: sea salt & pepperInstructions
1. Wash the asparagus and snap off the ends. Proceed to cut the asparagus into thirds.
2. In a glass microwavable dish, place the asparagus in with about an inch of water. Cover the dish and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
3. While the asparagus is steaming, place the spinach at the bottom of a large salad bowl. I like to tear the stems off, but that is optional.
4. Drain the asparagus and place over the spinach. Steaming them for this short time leaves them "aldente". Slightly crisp, but not raw.Asparagus Salad
5. If using pepper and salt, sprinkle your desired amount now.
6. Next add the parmesan cheese.
7. Drizzle the pomegranate balsamic into the salad and toss well.Notes
If you want the salad to look like the pictures, I suggest making individual salads.
Leave a comment