Easy, beautiful and refreshing is how I would describe this dessert. On a hot summer day, lemon flavored mascarpone tiered with crispy sweet pastry sheets and drizzled pomegranate syrup is a wonderful finish to any meal. Serves 6
- Cheese Filling
- 10 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp superfine sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tsp)
- Skylake Pomegranate Syrup for drizzling
- 16 oz puff pastry dough (thawed if frozen)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Flour for rolling dough
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheese filling in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour. Roll out pastry dough to the size of the baking sheet and 1/8 inch thick.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and brush with the egg and sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Score the dough lengthwise and crosswise to form 12 equal squares.
- Bake till lightly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Place a pastry square on plate, dollop with the cheese mixture and top with the pastry and a smaller dollop of the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup and serve.